Saturday, March 13, 2010

A week of couscous

I've been eating a lot of couscous lately -- A LOT! It's the French whole wheat kind, and even though delicious (especially with a generous dollop of Sambal Oelek and vegan Smart Balance), it's a bit much eating it 5 days in a row.

But, it's been made and I don't really feel like cooking something else after work, so one more day and then I'll take a break so the next time I have it it'll have that first time out-of-this-world taste again.


Here's some pics:



I ate it with a spinach salad with edamame, avocado, green onion, and mustard/balsamic vinegar/herbs dressing.



And for breakfast, I've been munching  on these awesome vanilla cupcakes from VegNews. Instead of water I used Silk Nog, I halved the recipe, and as a frosting I'm using a combo of Artisana Coconut Butter and sorgham syrup. What a way to start the day!! Who needs coffee -- I certainly never do.  =]

Making the dough

(great for eating raw!)

Divide into muffin pan 

(I was a little short of dough on a couple of them)

Finished product with he frosting coming soon!


2 comments:

  1. You've been eating cupcakes for breakfast? Sometimes I just don't take advantage of being an adult ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! =D Ya, I'm exploiting that one for all it's worth!

    ReplyDelete